Saturday, February 22, 2014

Make it MORE Legal

By Robert H.

Arizona has passed a law which will allegedly makes it legal for business owners to discriminate against homosexuals in places of public accommodation, provided serving LGBT types interferes with the business owner's religious beliefs.  The media is in a tizzy about it.

I say "allegedly" because I'm pretty sure it already *is* legal, in Arizona, to deny service to someone because they are gay.  Federal anti-discrimination law doesn't treat sexual orientation as a protected class, and I'm pretty sure Arizona law doesn't either. So the world is crazy, I guess?  And the media really bad at reporting legal issues well?  And the culture wars are stupid?

Good, I'm glad all that's settled.

1 comment:

  1. Some more here. There may be some city ordinances making it illegal.

    http://m.christianpost.com/news/issue-analysis-arizona-bill-does-not-give-businesses-license-to-discriminate-against-gays--115093/

    ReplyDelete